Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Baby Weight


I love junk food{understatement!}. I can buy a bag of peanut butter cups and eat all of them and want more! I also am addicted to cherry coke. I hadn't had any soda for over a month and one day I was really stressed from taking care of both kids that I broke down and got one. For the next three days all I could think about was having more cherry coke! I got another one and haven't looked back since.

I want to lose the baby weight and get back in running shape BUT I can't exercise any self control over the junk food. So how am I going to get rid of the dreaded pregnancy muffin top??

When I was pregnant Ben and I talked about getting into shape after I had Mikaela. Mikaela is a month old now and I'm clear for exercise so it's time for us to start working. I'm worried about a couple things though. One thing that worries me is that I'm breastfeeding and I want to continue to breastfeed at least until Mikaela gets teeth {we'll see if she can behave herself}. I don't want to exercise too hard or much and risk losing my milk. Another obstacle is lack of sleep. I keep saying to myself I'm going to get up at seven and work out before the kids wake up. But every morning I hit that snooze until eight and then it's time to feed Mikaela and Tafton wakes up! And then there is just finding the time to exercise! I'm taking a couple of classes, Ben is in school and working, and the two kids; it just seems hard to find the time to exercise because the only time available is when Tafton sleeps and he is a one-nap-a-day kid now.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a list of reasons why I'm always going to have the baby weight. I really REALLY want to lose the baby pooch but I just feel like there is a lot of things standing in my way. I'm going to really work on eating well and exercising this week. Maybe I could start a biggest loser thing and do it with other people. I think the competition of it and having other people holding me accountable might help. Anyone interested in that? Maybe I'll start posting my weight loss stats on here, that would be incentive to lose weight! If anyone has tips on weight loss or healthy eating send them my way, and if anyone wants to work out with me that'd be awesome! I can go to Weber State's gym for free, we'd just have to do it around Mikaela's eating schedule and find someone to watch Tafton. I know a lot of you have kids, how did you lose the baby weight and balance everything else going on in your life?

4 comments:

Nanette said...

I lost my baby wait fast with Ethan because I was working at the nursing home and was always on my feet. I'm not sure how I lost it with Logan. Do you have a double stroller? If so you could take the kids for a walk everyday and get some exercise that way. Of course, you won't be able to do that in the winter. You could go to the mall though and walk around and then you could still get exercise and be warm. You can also do simple things like situps. You could do those and not have to leave your kids.

Sarah Moran said...

I tell myself that I'm going to get up early and exercise too! And then it doesn't happen. This week I've been working out here at home after the kids leave for school. That leaves me with just Natalie underfoot and she's pretty good about it. Today we exercised together, it was funny to see her doing pushups. I'll be your workout buddy from far away, I was thinking about tracking my weight loss each week as well. I'll let you know next week if I've made any progress this week or if the junk food (halloween candy!) has been in my way. xo

Charissa & Don Bishop said...

Nanette took my ideas! If you have a double stroller, just start out slow and go for a walk for 30 minutes a day, plus try to eat well and see how things go for awhile. Maybe you could even take the stroller to the gym, if I remember right, don't they have an indoor track at Weber? Good luck, it's been 3 years since my last baby and I think I am bigger now than I was after he was born. My life has been pretty stressful lately tho and I think I definitely turn to food for comfort.

Andria said...

HAHAH You sound just like me! I've been saying all that same stuff and 17 months later......... I Still have the pooch.
I stoped drinking pop too for like 3 months, then one day I just happened to take a sip of Pepsi (I dont even like Pepsi) and now I am hooked all over again. Just enjoy your kids and dont stress about it until you are done breastfeeding. Just do what you can. You still look great.



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com