Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cupcake Craze

I have gone into a cupcake craze spiral! It all started with going to For Your Kitchen by the mall to get supplies to bake 150 cupcakes for my parents 40th anniversary celebration. While there the owner told us about the classes they have and that they had a cupcake decorating class coming up. She showed us the cutest cupcakes including this one:


I thought this would be perfect for Mikaela's first birthday party. unfortunately we weren't able to make the class so I started looking online for videos on how to make these. That's when I stumbled across these books and their how-to videos posted online. I watched them for about an hour or so and then logged onto Amazon and bought both of their books!

So far we've only tried out two cupcakes; chrysanthemums and rubber duckies. Here are our results:

The flowers were very simple to make but took a LOT of preparation!

Definately not perfect but I think pretty good for a first try! The hardest part was getting the beaks to stay up. You can see on the blue eyed one below it's starting to droop! also the icing was kind of runny. I've since researched different ways to do this so hopefully for Mikaela's birthday it won't be that bad. One more thing - they were almost unbearably sweet! "What? Megan is saying that?!" Yeah I barely got through one. Again, I've researched that and next go around I'm going to add cream cheese to lessen the sweetness. Should be delicious!

Next week? Fur Balls and String Monsters!

3 comments:

Ben and Camille said...

wow those are awesome! and totally made my mouth water... yum!

Charissa & Don Bishop said...

OMG! YOU HAVE TO MOVE OUT HERE SO WE CAN HAVE FUN TOGETHER!! I MISS YOU SO MUCH! GOT MIKAELAS INVITE IN THE MAIL TODAY, ALSO SOOOO CUTE! YOUR AWESOME, TALK TO YOU SOON!

Dustie said...

Megan - those are adorable !!! Love, Love - cupcakes.



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com