Have you ever listened to that song, "You're Gonna Miss This." by Trace Adkins? I've been thinking about that song a lot lately. The song is about this girl's life and she is always talking about what she wants to do next and first her Mom, then her Dad, and finally a plumber tell her you're gonna miss this.
I have to admit that I am guilty of this mentality. I'm always thinking about what's going to happen next. How nice it will be when my kids are older and can take care of themselves more. How I can't wait until we are in a better financial position. Everything I'm going to do once we're in a better financial position.
I'm probably missing out on all the great things that are happening right now, or not taking full advantage of what is happening right now. Ben is always telling me to get out the video camera because we need to capture the cute things our kids are doing before they grow out of it and he's right! Tafton is so cute right now! He's talking so well and says the cutest things. He told me his first joke. He does belly flops into our baby pool. He woke up and walked into our room and woke us up for the first time this week(I almost started crying typing that; isn't that the most quintessential child thing to do?). Mikaela is climbing all over everything. She has her first tooth and her second is going to pop out any day. She gives us the cutest cheesers! She can clap, shake her head, give hugs and kisses all on command. She throws the most dramatic fits when she doesn't get her way. They are both growing up so fast and I don't want to look back and think why didn't I hold onto those moments rather than wishing for their naptime?
I want to do better on living in the moment and enjoying the moments! Even those crazy-shake-your-head-feel-like-you're-gonna cry moments!








0 comments:
Post a Comment