Tafton is now a month old! He honestly doesn't look any bigger to me but I see him everyday so it's hard to tell. He has gained about two pounds and is two inches (maybe more) taller. He isn't sleeping through the night yet but he does sleep pretty well most of the time. The last few nights he has gone down at eleven and hasn't woken up until five am! It's been really nice! We've seen a couple real smiles too - we just haven't been able to catch them on camera!
Last weekend my brother, Ben and his longtime girlfriend, Sarina got married in the Ogden Temple. It was so nice to be there with them and our family to celebrate. Their sealer talked about the promises we make there and how we should go to the temple often. He told a story about a couple that got sealed there and not three weeks later were back to do sealings. Ben and I have decided that we want to do more templework and do some sealings, we never have. Anyway - their wedding was great! We got to see lots of family and friends. They had their reception at Colonial Court where we had our reception - It was really beautiful! When they left the reception we threw rose petals and some of the wedding party had rose petal rockets that they shot off creating a "photo opportunity." Ben and I laughed about that phrase but it was really cool and I'm sure when they get their pictures it will look amazing! Ben and Sarina are on their honeymoon in Hawaii.
Ben got to take a month off of work when we had Tafton and so we put that time to working in the yard. The previous owners really just let everything become overgrown, luckily we have Ben's mom Shirley to give us suggestions on what would look good and donate some of her own flowers to the cause! We ripped out a lot of the front garden and transplanted some bushes and flowers to other areas in the yard. We've bought some flowers and bulbs and have planted them all around the house. We still have a couple more gardens we need to clean out and decide what we're going to plant. I don't think much is going to grow this year but next year our gardens should be looking awesome!!








6 comments:
HOLY COW!!! He is one good looking little guy!!
It was so good to see you guys at the graduation party and wedding. Doesn't having a baby make the temple seem even more special?
You must be doing everything right to have him sleeping so well at night! How lucky that Ben was able to take a month off. Things have come a long way for Dads and bonding. What a blessing!
How cute is Tafton? OMG! I want to steal him! (not really, no calling the police) ;) so adorable!
Are you going to be around 4th of July weekend? I'm taking my test that monday, the 7th, and want to come see you when I'm done!
Megan, I heard you guys were still figuring out daycare for when you come back. My babysitter has an opening right now if you are interested. If you call her and set up a day to come and visit she might hold the opening for you. I am not sure if she is taking anymore infants, but it might be worth a shot. She is an amazing person and I absolutely love her and Cort loves being in her home. You can tell by the way they interact with each other. Here is her number if interested 732-8484 her name is Amy.
Oh my gosh! He is so cute. Seriously. What a CUTE baby! I am so glad you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment