It's a good thing that Dad posted about Tafton being born last week or the e-world would not have known. I have been meaning to post for the last couple of months but with school finishing and not having the internet at home it's hard to get to. Well now I really have something to blog about! Our son Tafton Jay Passey was born April 28, 2008 at 12:29p.m. He weighed 7 lbs. 2 oz. at 19 inches long. I suppose I should tell the whole story and not leave out any of the scary details...Megan was so excited to have this baby that she was trying everything she could to help him along. On Sunday, April 27th, she went to McKay Dee
hospital to climb stairs; she climbed five flights of stairs THREE TIMES! And if that wasn't enough on her way home she stopped by Bonneville HS and walked the track (if I remember correctly it was a mile that she walked). I had to work Sunday morning in the ER so I didn't know my wife was trying to induce labor the weekend before finals! Fortunately, so I thought, this didn't seem to work... Megan pulled out all the tricks including the rumor of "Castor Oil" which is supposed to help the baby slick right out I guess...? She had read that it helps to start labor within a few hours and she went to bed disappointed. 
Monday, April 28th, Megan went to work assuming that despite all of her ludicrous efforts she was doomed to carry this baby until its due date just as I had made her promise me. I guess as far as fate is concerned I have to share the blame; Megan told me repeatedly to notify my professors in the case that Tafton came early and I might need special arrangements for my finals during the week of the 28th of April. That’s not necessary I told her, because that just wouldn’t happen…








4 comments:
He is soooooooo cute! big congrats!
I think that he deserves more o's than that cause he is sooooooooooo freakin cute!!! I can't wait to see him! Who do you think that he looks like the most?
Good job Ben, I have been checking your blog every day since you got home - nice photos! What a cute kid you guys have.
Megan, he is so precious! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and Ben. Parenthood is the greatest thing in the world.
Post a Comment