Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Our House


Today was pretty productive for me. I had a Spanish class this morning that got me out of bed, but other than that it was a day off. I have slowed down on house projects as of late, I think because of school, but with the pressure to finish the closet downstairs I knew it was a good day to get some things done. Now I know why dad liked having me around so much and why I was so useful to him. there's nothing like getting on and off the ladder ten times and walking up or downstairs to fetch a tool or flip a breaker. I finished the wiring to the closet (or rather the small room off the master bath) and it is ready for sheetrocking. With the wiring tools in my hands I walked into the front room of our house where a wiring project has been left undone since about the first week that we moved in last August. There has been a live wire with a wingnut cap for months now. Some owner in the past did some wiring job that has left me completely confused. Well to shorten up this story, I finally traced the path of the wiring and have a tentative plan to fix it. When it is finished there will be two new ceiling lights! That will be great, I feel like we aren't quite into the 20th century for the lack of light switches in the front room. The pictures I posted are of the living room and the kitchen, the fine paint job is thanks to my talented wife Megan and her mom JoAnne (awesome at painting, Thanks JoAnne!). I think this house is slowly living up to it's potential!

1 comments:

Megan Passey said...

Benny - You are amazing!!! I can't believe everything you have done on our house and without any training - you're just awesome with your hands I guess! I love you!!!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com