Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, August 8, 2009

False Alarm

Yesterday greeted me with stomach and back pain and contractions galore! Starting around seven in the morning my stomach was killing me and it just got worse throughout the day. Then when I went to the bathroom my pee was pink! So I called my doctor and was asking about my symptoms and was told that it's normal near the end of pregnancy to have those symptoms. They told me to lay down and drink lots of water because dehydration can cause contractions I guess. I did that but it didn't help it just got worse.
I had to go to a yoga class up at Weber State last night for my stress management class. I was kind of worried about going because I had felt like this all day but if I did go into labor I wouldn't be able to finish the assignment and so I felt like I had to go for my grade. Anyway - I went and it was actually the best I felt all day. I think because I was focusing on my breathing and the poses it distracted me from the contractions.
Once I got home from yoga it started back up again. Around 9:30 I laid down and listened to my body to see how far apart the contractions were and where exactly I was feeling the pain. They were pretty regular about 5 minutes apart. It didn't hurt as much when I was waiting for the contraction to come, it was kind of cool to watch my stomach clench and harden. Anyway, my little brother Johnny showed up at our house around ten-ish so Ben and I could go to the hospital and leave Tafton at home.
When we got to the hospital my contractions were even more painful. I could still hold in cries of pain but ouch! They brought me back to a room and checked me and called my doctor to see what she wanted to do since I'd be about five weeks early. The doctor told them to give me a shot to stop the contractions and for me to drink a lot of water. They gave me the shot and it seemed to work. We went home around 1:30-2 in the morning.
So now we're back to waiting again. I'm still having contractions but they're not regular. My back is killing me!!! They told me that if I go into labor again to drink a lot of water fast and to lay down and if they don't subside to come in again. They really want me to get to at least 36 weeks or 37 weeks before they'll just let me have the baby. I'll be 36 weeks on Tuesday. We'll see if baby girl can wait to make an appearance!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, crazy! Lets hope that baby does wait a little bit. I bet you are so ready to get her out though huh! I AM with this little guy. But I don't feel like I'm lucky enough to go into labor early all by myself.

z&jarnold said...

i have a friend who was due a day after you who has already had her baby, its funny that all these babies want to come early! good luck!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com