Ben has been working outside to get the gutters in better shape as well. Somehow when it rains the water is falling in-between the roof and gutter rather than into the gutter. It doesn't really make sense because we have the drip edge(I think that's what it's called) that's supposed to bridge the gap and allow the water to run directly into the gutter. I'm glad that I have Ben to work on it because I don't think I'd be able to do all that work by myself. The goals for the house for this next week are finishing the front door and finishing the gutters. After that all we have is odds and ends.
We've also done a bit of pretty-ing up the yard. We went to J&J Nursery with Ben's Mom and picked out flowers to put in our containers and hanging baskets and driveway strip and it is looking nice! I'll have to take some pictures and post them. They look so nicely arranged and once the vines and petunias start spilling out it'll be even better! I'm very excited about our back railing hanging basket. We filled it with different colored super bells and it's going to look so pretty once it starts spilling over.
School is going well for me. I've been keeping up with my homework all right. I did just realize that my community health class ends the end of June. Now, I already knew this, but it's practically the end of May now. I need to get in gear on this class to make sure I finish all the classwork. It's a go at your own pace class so I took two quizzes in the last hour and plan to just keep pushing through. I honestly haven't done much schoolwork this week. I think we worked so hard last week on the house and with school that I just took a break this week. I have a goal to do better from now on though.
I want to be better organized with school, working out, Tafton, house projects, etc. I've decided that I need to have a plan for when I'm doing things. Ex. I'm going to work out and do schoolwork every MWF mornings. I can do it other times too, but I at the very least need to do it then. I really want to stick to this because I feel when I'm organized that everything goes more smoothly and that makes me less stressed and more happy which makes everyone else more happy! :-)
Tafton is getting more and more independent. He loves to do things himself and he's very opinionated about what he wants and when he wants it. We've been watching a baby sign language DVD and Ben and I have been trying to use signs as well as speaking to help our communication. Tafton has really picked up on "milk." He knows how to sign it and he understands when we say it. It's nice to say do you want milk? and if he does the sign then yeah he wants it. It's cool. I wish he would say or sign Mommy. He says Daddy so well! Ben and Tafton play this game on our bed where Ben will hide on one side and Tafton will crawl across the bed until Ben jumps up and grabs him. Tafton always squeals and laughs and it is really fun! One night last week, Ben was working and Tafton crawled into our bedroom, pulled himself to standing by the bed and got on his tiptoes to look across the bed and said, "daddy?" It was so cute!!! Tafton really says daddy for a lot of different things but I knew he was looking for Ben, it was so cute.








2 comments:
I like to break down my chores into days too, then I don't feel so overwhelmed. For example, I do laundry on Tues and Fri. I dust of Wed. and I clean the bathrooms on Thurs.
Your flowers sound wonderful and I do want to see some pics soon, or better yet, in person!!
I didn't know the living room needed painted. I already thought it looked great! :)
We have been working on our yard too. We have decided that we are sick of it looking trashy.
Post a Comment