Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Our One Week Vacation from School

This last week was the one week we had a break from school, in between finals for Spring Semester and Summer Semester starting. I had high hopes for accomplishing a lot on our house, we didn't get everything done but we did get the master bedroom done and we're sleeping in it!! It's been over a year since we've been sleeping in the master bedroom. It's kind of weird to be down there but Ben is loving it. Ben used to be the one with his clothes spread all over the house and now I am. I can't say I'm loving that.

I still have a whole list of projects to work on next. Most important, I need to paint the trim in the closet and then the closet is DONE except for carpet and then I can move my stuff in! and painting the bedroom door so we can put it back on. Once that's done the downstairs is done unless we decide to paint the bathroom. I couldn't get a chip off the wall that's the size of a quarter so we can could either try to match it to new paint or just get a whole new color. I wanted to just get touch-up paint to keep costs down but I don't know if we'll be able to match the color...

Anyway, I've figured out that I have about 12 more weeks of unemployment to pay out. I've heard I can file an extension once that is up but who knows how long it would take to get approved and actually receive any money. So we need to get our house projects done and this house up for sale because once unemployment is up I either need to be working so we can afford the house or we need to just be out of the house. Kinda scary to think 12 weeks and then who knows what'll happen to us?

I do love being home. It's nice to be with Tafton and it's so nice to spend time with Ben. I like being at home and keeping things looking nice and being a homemaker basically. It's great. Lots of work too, the house is always getting messy after I clean it. Anyway, right now I'm going to focus on finishing the projects then I'll clean like crazy and then we'll sell.

In baby news, we had our big ultrasound last Friday. The baby is doing great, everything was normal. Her head and abdomen were measuring about a week behind and her femur measured right on. I'm kinda happy her head is small, easier to get out you know? We still don't have any names picked out. It is nice to know for sure though that it is a girl. Now we'll have one of each! My next appointment is the fasting glucose test and then my appointments are every two weeks. It's so crazy how fast this pregnancy is going by. She'll be here before we know it and we still won't have a name! We'll just call her baby.

I'm taking three classes this summer, all online. I looked over the class schedules today and they all seem pretty intense. I don't think it'll be hard course work, it's just a lot of work and it's hard to focus on school-work in the Summer. I'm excited about my classes, I'm taking Human Sexuality, Stress Management(should come in handy once we have TWO kids), and Community Health. Community Health is only half the summer but it seems like it'll be the hardest. A lot of work to cram into eight weeks and a research paper! I don't know what it is about papers but they freak me out. In the syllabus she said it shouldn't be longer than 25 pages. 25 pages?! I don't know how anyone writes a paper that long. She didn't specify a "shorter than" length so we'll see how that goes!

Anyway - this is the start of our crazy summer. I'm praying that we'll do well in school and that the house/employment situation will work out. Honestly, if I can stay home with Tafton and Ben is happy - I'm happy.

4 comments:

Nanette said...

Sounds like you guys have a lot going on to keep you busy! I'm glad that you got your bedroom done. It was looking really great. I hope that you won't have to move. I love your house. It is so cute. My classes are going to be pretty crazy also. I was hoping they would be easy, but it isn't looking that way. Good luck!

Trent and Steph said...

Good luck on getting the house done. Hope you can figure something out for you guys to be able to stay.

Sarah Moran said...

It sounds like you are pretty busy. I hope you are able to get all your projects done AND stay in the house. Then it would be all fixed up for you, not for someone else. Good luck with school, I know you can do that paper. I have the opposite problem; I always make my papers too long and then I agonize over what to take out!

z&jarnold said...

you'll have to post some pictures of your finnished room, i love seeing peoples projects finnished. Thats really hard to think that you may have to sell, hopefully something will work out for you!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com