Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Projects and thoughts of more projects

It's been awhile since I've posted, sorry about that! Not a lot has changed. I think we've all gotten into a routine with me being home. I think Tafton has become even more of a Momma's boy if that's possible but he's starting to get excited to see Ben too. I think he knows that Mommy will pick him up every time and will comfort him and Daddy is the crazy fun one. Tafton is starting to say a few words too. He'll say "a-da" or "da" for Dad and he was saying "bob" for Mom (mostly because Ben thought it was really funny and kept telling him to call me that), but he says Mom now. I don't think he knows that the sounds coming out of his mouth mean anything but it's a start.
I've been letting Tafton have a go at feeding himself as well. I got those suction plates that stay in one place on the table and got toddler utensils. I give him a fork or a spoon every meal and he'll usually hold it and bang on the table while he eats with his other hand, or he'll actually get something on his fork and then he'll take it off with the other hand to eat it. The first time I let him eat on his own, he had rice cereal mixed with fruit and it was so messy!! and so funny! I got a video of it that I'll have to post once we make the time to figure out posting videos.
Ben and I have also been working on projects in our downtime(which there isn't a lot of). A couple of weeks ago he and his Dad put crown molding up in our living room and framed the bedroom windows downstairs. It looks amazing! They did a great job. We're lucky that Doug is so good at carpentry and so willing to help out.
Ben's own personal project is a vegetable garden. He started a bunch of seeds inside which are still residing in front of our living room window. This last week he transplanted the pees outside. I hope they make it with all this crazy snow we got. Ben also planted lettuce, carrots, onions, peppers, and some spices.
School is almost done for the semester. All I have left is a research paper (which I'm supposed to be working on now) and the final test in accounting. It'll be nice to have a break before summer semester starts. I'm registered for two classes but I might sign up for one more. I think it'll be easier to get more classes out of the way before the baby is born rather than after.
The baby seems to be doing well. I can feel her move everyday. It isn't as prevalent as I remember with Tafton but I'm only halfway now so I'm not worried. At my last appointment I brought Tafton with me and everytime I go I have to leave a urine sample so one of the nurses held Tafton. While I was in there I hear Tafton start to cry and by the time I got out of the bathroom he was having a hard time breathing normally. He calmed down pretty quick. I actually got him fall-down laughing in the smaller room they had me wait in. We were walking around, Tafton holding onto a wheeled stool. We'd walk until we ran into something and I'd say "BOOM!" He thought it was hilarious! Once Dr. Boheen came in though he went into shy-mode. She was listening for the heartbeat and I had to hold Tafton curled up on my chest. I kept laughing and making the heartbeat sound all ruffled, but Tafton was being so shy it was funny.
We still don't have any ideas on what we're going to name this one. I feel a little guilty because I don't even seem to think about being pregnant at all. I think with Tafton to occupy my time and thoughts I have little left over for her. I can't believe I'm already halfway through! It's Tafton's birthday end of the month and then I'll only have four months left. It's unbelievable.
Anyway, that catches us up for now. I'll try and post some pictures and maybe videos(!) soon.

4 comments:

Charissa & Don Bishop said...

Great to talk to you today!! Sorry that it has been so long. Good luck on that paper and I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments. Take care!

Sarah Moran said...

Yea! I have been hoping that you would post something. I love to hear what you've been up to and when I read your posts I can actually hear your voice (like you're narrating!) in my head. Love you!

Nanette said...

You posted! Yay. I have been checking everyday... just waiting. :) Sounds like you guys have been pretty busy. I hope we get to hang out soon. Tafton's birthday party will be a lot of fun. I hope you are still feeling good with the pregnancy. :)

Ben said...

You guys are sweet! It has felt busy but at the same time I don't feel like much has been accomplished, do you know what I mean? Pregnancy is going well, I can feel her move a lot more now so that's nice, but no name yet!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com