Nothing special has happened this past week with us. We are finally in the last week of this school semester which is so exciting to think we have a break soon! I got my research paper done and turned in so now I only have my accounting test left which I hope to take in the morning. Ben has two finals this week and also policeman testing. Not sure what all that will entail but I hope he does well. It would be a better paying job for him to have, even though it's kind of scary to think of him out on the street with a gun chasing bad guys who also have guns.
Tafton is turning one year old on Tuesday. It's so weird to even think that it's been a whole year, but at the same time so much has happened in the past year that it also feels like it must have been longer than a whole year, do you know what I mean? He is starting to act more independent. If he wants something he'll reach out and grunt for it and if he doesn't want something he'll push it away or he'll try and crawl away from us when we're changing his diaper. This past week he's been in a screaming mood. He'll just scream really loud and really shrill for no apparent reason. We were at Macey's last Saturday getting milk and he decided to let loose with these ear-splitting screams and of course I didn't have a binkie. I told him sternly, "no Tafton we don't scream like that," he just looked at me and screamed again. So I put my hand over his mouth but that only stopped him for a moment. He seems to save his screams for when we're eating. What I've decided to do is to tell him, "no Tafton we don't communicate that way" and if he screams again I put him in his crib and shut the door and leave him in there for three minutes. After the three minutes I go in and pick him up and explain why I had to put him in his crib. I don't know how much is actually getting through to him but I hope that it'll start to sink in that when he screams he doesn't get his way, he gets the crib. Did any of you have this problem with your kids? What did you do to correct it? I don't want to be the Mom of the screaming kid.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to this week. I'm going to get my test done so I can focus on fun and house projects. It's Tafton's birthday, then my Dad's birthday, Tafton has his one year checkup on Thursday(we'll see how far off the charts he is) and we have Tafton's birthday party on Saturday. It's going to be fun!








4 comments:
Good luck with the screaming, I think that all kids go through a screaming phase. Natalie has been for over six months! I hope Tafton has a great birthday and that the screaming stops soon.
I have to say that I have found that when my kids can't talk yet they get frustrated and scream instead(unfortunately). So I think the crib thing is an excellent idea. I actually finally figured that out when Leah was a baby. I did the same thing or I would just swat her mouth gently and tell her no.
I also hope Tafton has a great birthday party. Email me some pictures, I'm not on Facebook anymore.
has he applied for the ogden city police position? How did his testing go? Makayla did some screaming but basicly it wasn't too bad and she wasn't sobbing so i just ignored it and she really doesn't do it anymore.
I finished my accounting test today. It wasn't too bad. I just have two finals left and then I get a two week break. Woo hoo!
I didn't know that Ben wanted to be a cop. Is he still going to go to med school too?
Temper tantrums are so much fun. Logan throws them all the time. We should hopefully be able to make it to his party. I will let you know.
Post a Comment