Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Passey Family Christmas Tree

According to tradition, the Passey family once again embarked on the search for the perfect Passey Family Christmas Tree. Dad, Mom, Natalie, Megan and her friend Jenna, Nate, Kristen, and Aiden, Megan, Tafton, and myself all left town the weekend after Thanksgiving to the Uintah Mountains looking our tree. It has been our family tradition, one of the only firm traditions that we have, for as long as I can remember. There have been some years in the past that for some circumstances we didn't make it into the mountains to cut down that tree, and for me those years didn't seem as complete. There is just something about getting stuck in a rusty old chevy 100 yards off the main road and spending all afternoon digging out of an icy rut with a toy snowboard and a metal saucer-sled, while the girls trounce around looking for the largest, heaviest, monarch of the forest.

This year was slightly less eventful, but that is OK with me. After the hour and half drive from Ogden up to the familiar spot, we all piled out of the trucks, suited up for the snow, and started taking an inventory of the nearby evergreens. Megan and I started off and made a huge circle around the truck looking for possible candidates that could fill the front room window with its natural majesty.

Nate and I got to try out the sweet equipment that we got earlier this spring, and I don't know about Nate but I have put on all my new pants, coats, and gloves at least three times in anticipation for this cold season. Little Aiden was so bundled that his arms rested comfortably out from his body, I don't know if he had fun being pulled in the sled but I had fun dragging him over the ice crusted snow. Tafton seemed oblivious to the snow and was his usual mellow fellow.

Finally I convinced Megan that the tree I liked was the one, I cut it down and drug it out of the woods.

I love the mountains and I love the smell of a Douglas Fur in the living room. I am really excited for Christmas this year. I love Christmas time because everyone seems to change just a little bit making it a very happy month. Megan and I swore that we were not going to get anything for each other, for the sake of not spending to much money, and we both agreed that there isn't much that we need... Then we bought a pretty descent gift for our family (it's a surprise).

We will soon take a family photo in front of "The Passey Family Christmas Tree" and send it out to all of you.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and we hope that all of you feel our love for you.

7 comments:

Nanette said...

I am sorry that I haven't been writing on your blog. I had forgotten that your blog is now private and so that is why it doesn't update and I thought you hadn't written for a month. We really do need to do something. These last couple of months have been busy with Chris being gone, but we will definitely have to do something soon. How have you been? Does Tafton crawl yet? We will have to plan something.

Trent and Steph said...

I am glad you found that perfect tree.

Melanie said...

This brings back memories I have of growing up in Montana and cutting down our own tree every year.

I love the picture. Tafton looks so smug!

z&jarnold said...

your family picture on the top is soo adorable i love it.

Natalie Passey said...

ugh.. last time i checked i was there also.. i can't believe it.. you got jenna in there.. she's not even blood..

Megan Passey said...

I can't believe he left you out!!! Don't worry I'll put you in there....

Natalie Passey said...

:D thanks..



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com