Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Family Update

Sorry we have not written in over a month now! We are all doing well. Tafton has leveled off on his weight gain I think. He's been at 20 pounds for at least a month now and he is cuter than ever! He's mastered sitting up this past week and is rolling from his back to his stomach pretty regularly. It's funny when he does because he'll roll over but he gets stuck on his stomach and starts crying. It's funny to me. Hopefully he'll start rolling over the other way soon so he won't get stuck anymore.


We went to the cabin over conference weekend. It was Tafton's 2nd cabin visit and I think it went a lot better than his first. He loves the outdoors, he could stare out a window all day and he loves to play with (and eat) leaves.


He seemed to like the puppies too. I hope he continues to be comfortable around animals. I'm not really comfortable around dogs but I want Tafton to be. My brother Matt brought his dog, Gizmo over and Tafton was perplexed by him, it was like he was thinking "who is this hairy small person?" It was so cute though, it made me want to get a dog for him before he knows enough to be scared of them. Ben would love that!


We're trying to work on our house when we have time. Ben and my brothers Matt and Ben put up some Sheetrock in the master bedroom. It looks really good but we still have more to do. I think Ben is planning on blowing insulation in the attic this weekend with our friend Cory. We also got our yard all ready for winter last Friday. We fertilized the lawn, cut down all the perennials, emptied and cleaned out all the flower pots, and mulched the gardens. It was a lot of work, put it looks really neat now and hopefully all our hard work this summer and fall will be shown off in the Spring. Thanks Shirley by the way for helping us! and Sarina for watching Tafton while we worked!

This last weekend my sister Sarah and her family were in town to see us one last time before they are transferred to Germany. I love her and her family so much! It's going to be so sad that we won't be able to see them as much. It was nice that they were only a seven hour drive away. Maybe in four years they'll be transferred to Hill Air Force Base and I can see those cute girls again! It's crazy to think that Madison will be a teenager and Natalie will be in Kindergarten. I wonder if Abigail will still be a crazy cool monster of a kid? We had a lot of fun with them over the weekend though. We went out to lunch and went shopping on Saturday. Then Saturday and Sunday night we played card games and talked until way too late. I'm running on ten hours of sleep over the whole weekend. That's ridiculous now that I see it in writing! But it was worth it! We had lots of fun and like I said we won't be seeing them for a couple of years at least so we had to soak up as much time as we could.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

I love the pics with him in the pumpkins. He has such a cute face. Sounds like you've been working really hard! It makes me tired just thinking about your weekend.

Charissa & Don Bishop said...

I'm so glad to be able to read about your fun life and i really enjoyed the pictures. Can't wait to see you again! Love you all!

The Dance Source said...

Yay I'm glad you wrote again! I love looking at all the pictures and seeing what you guys are up. Tafton is so stinken cute and gets even more so every time I see more pictures!

z&jarnold said...

tafton looks cute, good job on the yard work, i need your motivation!

z&jarnold said...

that is a funny word verification. jared went as nothing, festive huh? so what do you think about this election? i'm just waiting for the world to stop turning lol jk.

Megan Passey said...

I think the election has been nuts. I can't believe it's over after two years of campaigning. Honestly, I wish Mitt Romney had stayed in. He has a lot of finanical experience and knowledge. Oh well! There's always 2012.



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com