I like many of you, want to lose some weight. As much as I want to lose weight and go back to my pre-babies body, it's hard to find the energy and drive to do it. Many of us have responsibilities pulling us every which way and by the end of the day we just want to plop on the couch and eat some chocolate. The other option: waking up early to exercise; isn't appealing when some of us have brand new babies who keep us up all night. The last week I've set my alarm clock earlier so I can wake up and exercise and every morning I hit snooze once....
Twice....
SIX TIMES!
Running out of time to exercise!
I feel that I am finally in the right state of mind to stay committed to working out and eating right. I'm currently going to Weber State pursuing my degree in Health Promotion and every class period I feel guilty for drinking soda http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F4t8zL6F0c and eating at fast food places. I rationalize my unhealthy behavior. I have to drink soda for the caffeine and I can't drink coffee, I don't have time to eat healthy between school and work, I'd rather sleep an extra ten minutes than eat breakfast, etc. I want to be a health educator and no-one wants to take health advice from a fat inactive person. You wouldn't go to an accountant who's broke, would you?!
That leads us to now. I'm ready to start working hard and losing weight!
Who Wants to Join Me?
I'm starting this coming Monday, February 22. I'm going to weigh myself every Saturday night and measure my progress. I'm going to start a food diary which will include what I eat, when I eat, and what my mood is. I believe this will help to identify the underlying motivation for why I'm eating. I'm going to work out every morning before I start my day; this will ensure that I fit exercise into my day by making it the first thing I do. I am still going to drink soda, but I'm switching to diet. I would like to completely quit but I really do feel that I need the caffeine to get through my LONG days. I'm going to do this for 15 weeks.
By June 5, I plan to have lost 15 Lbs!
I'm going to start by doing the Special K Challenge. http://www.specialk.com/challenge/ It's similar to the slim fast program where you subsitute two of your meals with some of their products. I tried it today and felt good about it. It's a 2 week program, if I follow it and exercise I should be able to lose 6 pounds in 2 weeks! That should give me motivation to keep working hard and lose the remaining 9 pounds.
I want to learn to eat healthy on the go, incorporate exercise into my everyday routine, and to look and feel better in my skin!
Leave me a comment letting me know if you want to work towards a healthier you - with me!








5 comments:
Megan, I'm in! Do I need to email you my weight loss each week? And if I do will you be telling everyone how chubby I am? Instead of the Special K I will probably be doing slim-fast. It will be good to see you in March, then we can exercise in the mornings together! sarah
Hi Megan !! I am in !!! I promise you will feel better working out and find you have more energy thru out the day - I have been back on the AM working out program - it is a challenge every morning, but I feel so much better when I do it. !! thanks for the great post !!
Yay Sarah and Dustie! I'm so excited you're going to do this with me! You don't have to send me anything unless you think sending me updates will help keep you accountable. I'm thinking of this as a support system to stay committed to healthy behaviors! Keep me updated on how you're feeling and what you're doing!
I'm in, but I am also doing this with a personal trainer at the gym, so you guys can keep me motivated. Thanks and good luck girls!
Me too! It's always great to have some motivation and encouragement.
Post a Comment