Sorry for the long delay in posting. Things have been crazy with us! So let's go back in time to the end of November
On November 24 we closed on the selling of our house. It was crazy right up to the point we signed on the line. The appraisal didn't come in where we thought it was going to and that threw us for a loop and then there was a crack in the foundation that turned out to be nothing but it again threw us. it felt like every day we weren't sure if the sale was going to go through or not. Ben was a trooper through all of it. The people that bought it put in an offer on November 10 and we were out November 28. Ben basically moved us out of the house. We're leaving up in Morgan now with Ben's parents while we pay off debt and save up some money.
Thanksgiving was fun. It was our last Thanksgiving with Johnny before he left on his mission. We had all the favorites and enjoyed some pie. My Mom bought a Marie Callendar pie(which was weird, I can't remember my Mom ever buying a pie) and it is now one of my favorites. Gotta love Key-lime!
We blessed Mikaela on the 29th of November in my parents ward. We did it there because Johnny was gaving his mission farewell talk that Sunday and this way the whole big family would only have to come to one event rather than two. Mikaela looked so cute! Becca bought her this poofy dress, it's white, short puffy sleeves, with brown and gold swirls all over. She had a white headband with a brown bow in her hair, and white tights with matching brown dress shoes. she was adorable! and unfortunately we didn't take a single picture of her in her dress! We need to put her back in it to get a cute picture!
Johnny left on his mission on December 2nd. He's in the Washington DC South Mission. We had a breakfast the morning he left with all the family. Matt sent him off with a good supply of Mt. Dew and change for the vending machines in the MTC. It was surreal sending him off. They don't allow the family to go into the MTC anymore because of swine flu so we all said goodbye at home. I don't think anyone shed a single tear. The Sunday after JOhnny left we went over to Mom & Dad's for Sunday dinner. Tafton kept leading people down to Johnny's room and he'd look around looking for Johnny but he wasn't there. It was really sad! I think Tafton was really confused that he wasn't there. I've been showing Tafton pictures of Johnny so he doesn't forget him and we have some videos. I had my Dad make a video of Johnny right before he left for the same reason. Johnny left for the field on Dec. 23 and we got to talk to him on Christmas. It was really nice to hear his voice! He seems like he's having a good time.
For my birthday, Ben was actually sick but he sucked it up and took me out to dinner and then we bought a DVD pack of all the "Ocean's" movies including the original. For Ben's birthday I took him to the shooting range and we shot some rounds and then we went for Mexican. I then got sick later that night. It was funny that Ben was sick on my birthday and then I got sick on his!
Christmas was fun! I was thinking that Tafton would really be into it this year but he wasn't ripping into presents the way I thought he would. I don't think he made the connection between unwrapping the presents will make a present appear. It was like yeah the paper is cool and oh here's a toy and then he'd want to play with it rather than keep unwrapping. It was still fun though. He would say Santa and Ho Ho. He was all over Christmas treats too! Poor Mikaela! We hardly got her anything. We wanted to but all the toys we looked at, we already had something just like it or similar. So...Mikaela got girly looking binkies, sorry second child! :-)
For New Years we hung out at Ben's parents. Nate and Kristen came up and Corey and Kaytie. We ate yummy food and played Wii, pool, ping pong. The boys all ran around and played. It was a good time and so nice to see Corey & Kaytie since we hadn't seen them since March!
School started up again on the 4th. Ben isn't going this semester but I am. I'm taking 17 credits or six classes! So far it hasn't been too bad but we're getting to test time and first project time and I hope I can keep up with it. I enjoy most of my classes, except statistics. First off, it's statistics. math. I don't enjoy math. The teacher isn't engaging at all. His style of teaching is to make a powerpoint and read off of it. we don't even do examples! I'm worried about doing well in this class because I don't speak math and if my teacher isn't going to do examples I just don't see how I will learn the material! All of my classes have to do with health promotion, obviously since that's my major. So basically everyday I feel guilty about drinking my soda or eating my treats because it's a bit hypocritical to be a health promoter while downing 40 oz. of soda a day!
Mikaela will be 5 months old on Monday! She is so cute! She doesn't have any hair yet so not sure if she'll be a super blonde like Tafton or if she'll keep the reddish tone. She's rolling over from her stomach to her back and can push up and look around. At her 4 month check up she weighed 15 lbs 10 oz, a little smaller than Tafton was. Tafton was a whopper! He weighed 18 lbs at 4 months! She's still sleeping through the night as well. She has been since a month old which is super great! She LOVES Tafton! If Tafton smiles at her she will laugh and laugh. She watches him all the time. I love watching her, watching him. I can't wait until she's a year and will be running around with him.
Tafton is doing good too. He's finally starting to say some words. He can say; Mommy, Daddy, grandma, grandpa, megan, basketball, treat, diaper, teeth, juice, star, car, moon; and probably more but those are the ones I can think of. ben taught him to do a somersault yesterday, it is so funny! he puts his head on the ground and tries to push up his legs over and so for the first five seconds or so he's just pushing his head along the ground. He can eat really well with a spoon and fork now too. The next thing is drinking out of a normal cup. I want to get rid of binkies too but if I get rid of them for Tafton I have to get rid of them for Mikaela because he'll just take it out of her mouth.
Things coming up? Valentines. I have to plan it because of a bet I lost; actually I have to plan the next two Valentine's and Anniversaries because of the bet I lost. Any ideas on cheap fun valentine's dates?
On November 24 we closed on the selling of our house. It was crazy right up to the point we signed on the line. The appraisal didn't come in where we thought it was going to and that threw us for a loop and then there was a crack in the foundation that turned out to be nothing but it again threw us. it felt like every day we weren't sure if the sale was going to go through or not. Ben was a trooper through all of it. The people that bought it put in an offer on November 10 and we were out November 28. Ben basically moved us out of the house. We're leaving up in Morgan now with Ben's parents while we pay off debt and save up some money.
Thanksgiving was fun. It was our last Thanksgiving with Johnny before he left on his mission. We had all the favorites and enjoyed some pie. My Mom bought a Marie Callendar pie(which was weird, I can't remember my Mom ever buying a pie) and it is now one of my favorites. Gotta love Key-lime!
We blessed Mikaela on the 29th of November in my parents ward. We did it there because Johnny was gaving his mission farewell talk that Sunday and this way the whole big family would only have to come to one event rather than two. Mikaela looked so cute! Becca bought her this poofy dress, it's white, short puffy sleeves, with brown and gold swirls all over. She had a white headband with a brown bow in her hair, and white tights with matching brown dress shoes. she was adorable! and unfortunately we didn't take a single picture of her in her dress! We need to put her back in it to get a cute picture!
Johnny left on his mission on December 2nd. He's in the Washington DC South Mission. We had a breakfast the morning he left with all the family. Matt sent him off with a good supply of Mt. Dew and change for the vending machines in the MTC. It was surreal sending him off. They don't allow the family to go into the MTC anymore because of swine flu so we all said goodbye at home. I don't think anyone shed a single tear. The Sunday after JOhnny left we went over to Mom & Dad's for Sunday dinner. Tafton kept leading people down to Johnny's room and he'd look around looking for Johnny but he wasn't there. It was really sad! I think Tafton was really confused that he wasn't there. I've been showing Tafton pictures of Johnny so he doesn't forget him and we have some videos. I had my Dad make a video of Johnny right before he left for the same reason. Johnny left for the field on Dec. 23 and we got to talk to him on Christmas. It was really nice to hear his voice! He seems like he's having a good time.
For my birthday, Ben was actually sick but he sucked it up and took me out to dinner and then we bought a DVD pack of all the "Ocean's" movies including the original. For Ben's birthday I took him to the shooting range and we shot some rounds and then we went for Mexican. I then got sick later that night. It was funny that Ben was sick on my birthday and then I got sick on his!
Christmas was fun! I was thinking that Tafton would really be into it this year but he wasn't ripping into presents the way I thought he would. I don't think he made the connection between unwrapping the presents will make a present appear. It was like yeah the paper is cool and oh here's a toy and then he'd want to play with it rather than keep unwrapping. It was still fun though. He would say Santa and Ho Ho. He was all over Christmas treats too! Poor Mikaela! We hardly got her anything. We wanted to but all the toys we looked at, we already had something just like it or similar. So...Mikaela got girly looking binkies, sorry second child! :-)
For New Years we hung out at Ben's parents. Nate and Kristen came up and Corey and Kaytie. We ate yummy food and played Wii, pool, ping pong. The boys all ran around and played. It was a good time and so nice to see Corey & Kaytie since we hadn't seen them since March!
School started up again on the 4th. Ben isn't going this semester but I am. I'm taking 17 credits or six classes! So far it hasn't been too bad but we're getting to test time and first project time and I hope I can keep up with it. I enjoy most of my classes, except statistics. First off, it's statistics. math. I don't enjoy math. The teacher isn't engaging at all. His style of teaching is to make a powerpoint and read off of it. we don't even do examples! I'm worried about doing well in this class because I don't speak math and if my teacher isn't going to do examples I just don't see how I will learn the material! All of my classes have to do with health promotion, obviously since that's my major. So basically everyday I feel guilty about drinking my soda or eating my treats because it's a bit hypocritical to be a health promoter while downing 40 oz. of soda a day!
Mikaela will be 5 months old on Monday! She is so cute! She doesn't have any hair yet so not sure if she'll be a super blonde like Tafton or if she'll keep the reddish tone. She's rolling over from her stomach to her back and can push up and look around. At her 4 month check up she weighed 15 lbs 10 oz, a little smaller than Tafton was. Tafton was a whopper! He weighed 18 lbs at 4 months! She's still sleeping through the night as well. She has been since a month old which is super great! She LOVES Tafton! If Tafton smiles at her she will laugh and laugh. She watches him all the time. I love watching her, watching him. I can't wait until she's a year and will be running around with him.
Tafton is doing good too. He's finally starting to say some words. He can say; Mommy, Daddy, grandma, grandpa, megan, basketball, treat, diaper, teeth, juice, star, car, moon; and probably more but those are the ones I can think of. ben taught him to do a somersault yesterday, it is so funny! he puts his head on the ground and tries to push up his legs over and so for the first five seconds or so he's just pushing his head along the ground. He can eat really well with a spoon and fork now too. The next thing is drinking out of a normal cup. I want to get rid of binkies too but if I get rid of them for Tafton I have to get rid of them for Mikaela because he'll just take it out of her mouth.
Things coming up? Valentines. I have to plan it because of a bet I lost; actually I have to plan the next two Valentine's and Anniversaries because of the bet I lost. Any ideas on cheap fun valentine's dates?
We're going out to Maryland in March to visit my sisters. I'm really excited! Sarah is coming out from Germany(hopefully) and Jessica will drive up(hopefully)! Any fun ideas on things to do in the Cumberland, MD area? Or advice on traveling with two little babies? What can you bring on planes now?
Okay, that should catch us up! Sorry about lack of pictures I will post some pictures soon and maybe some videos if Ben will teach me how!
Happy New Year!








6 comments:
That is awesome that he is going to serve in the mission that we lived in!! Washington DC South is the mission Martinsburg was in!! Your kids are so cute!! Thanks for the catch up!
Sounds like you guys have a pretty fun and busy life going right now :) I don't know how you handle school too! I think your new name should be SUPER MOM! :) I can't believe that Mikela is 5 months now! So crazy, but so cute! I love your family picture! :)
Go momma! 6 classes that is awesome! I think it's awesome that you guys were able to sell your house and move on to better things as they will come. I hope your little girl has red hair because the would be pretty much awesome!
Thanks for the update:) Mikaela's blessing dress was soooo adorable...I loved it! Something we enjoy doing for valentines day is getting a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphey's:)
What a great catch up of your lives. I'm excited to see you in March and meet Mikaela. Jared is working on the paperwork so I can get on the military flight so keep your fingers crossed that it will all work out. xoxo
Sorry this comment is a little late but I just got back into blogging. It was so fun to get all caught up on your cute family! I can't believe Mikela is 5 months old! Time sure flies! I'm excited for you to see all your sisters soon! :) Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!
Post a Comment