Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 1, 2009

not so good news

This last Friday I was laid off from my job at Wadman Corporation. They had told us three weeks ago that we needed to come up with cost saving ideas or they would be facing layoffs. This was extremely scary for me since I'm the breadwinner in our family. I came up with, I felt like, a lot of ideas to save money, but I guess all of our ideas weren't enough.
So I got called in and got the bad news. It sucked. I had worked there for about 2 1/2 years. It's the longest I've ever been at a job other than Zenger's. I really liked working there, I'm going to miss my friends there. Although I plan on coming in and visiting from time to time.
Now I need to find a new job and fast so we don't become another statistic and lose our house. I've filed for unemployment and I've already applied at a couple of places. If anyone hears of anywhere that is hiring PLEASE let us know.
We love you all. Please keep us in your prayers.

6 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

I know what you mean. I had been with them for 3 years. I had a feeling two weeks ago that I was going to be one of them. I don't know why, but I guess I was right. It really sucked when Britnee came and got me. I just can't figure out why I was one of them I felt like I worked my butt off for them and did a really good job, but that is okay and I am sure you feel the same way. I am going to enjoy being home with Cort. I think this is a good opportunity for me to get to really know my little guy. Let me know if you ever want to get together for a play date. I am sure the little ones will love it and good luck with the job hunt.

Trent and Steph said...

My e-mail is sweetenfamily@yahoo.com or phone 643-4169.

Nanette said...

I'm so sorry! You said that it might happen, but I was hoping it wouldn't. Let me know what I can do to help and I will keep my eye out for jobs. Good luck and you guys will be in my prayers.

Carly said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope something works out for you guys.

Ashley said...

Megan, I am so sorry. I pray that you find a job fast too. No matter what, you and your family will be ok. For now though, I bet you'll enjoy being home for the time being!

Megan Passey said...

It is nice being home. Although I need to get a job quick or it won't be our home. I LOVE being with Tafton though. He's such a cutie.



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com