Sorry for the lateness of this posting. Christmas this year was a long hectic day, it was also Tafton's First Christmas!!!!
Christmas Eve as usual was spent at my parents house doing our annual Christmas Eve program. This year Mom put me in charge of it but she helped me out a lot by giving me last year's script. So I just picked some different songs, kept our favorites, added a tear jerker story, The Christmas Rifle, you can find it here if you want to read it: http://www.cowboytales.com/xmas_rifle.shtml. and we had Christmas dinner. Ham, yummy potatoes, super good cinnamon pull-a-part rolls, and lots of other treats! I love the food around the holidays. Where I work, Wadman Corporation, around the holidays we get tons of good sugary food and we all basically munch all day. It's sad to go from the Christmas pigout to New Year dieting. Anyway, Tafton was perfectly good all night. Maybe next year he can play baby Jesus. Although - he'll be 20 months old then and probably won't want to sit still. The only sad part of Christmas Eve was that Ben had to work at the ER from 4 until midnight. We really missed him!
Ben had to work in the ER Christmas morning from 8-12 so we opened presents before he left. We would hand Tafton a present with a little piece of paper already ripped and he'd grab at it and rip the paper off and then commence to play with the paper. When I would take the paper away so he would continue opening the present, he'd get so mad! He was much more excited for the wrapping paper and bows!
Once Ben got off work we drove up to his parents in Morgan and had Christmas take 2. It was really fun to see everyone and open presents! Tafton started to get the hang of it a little more. He'd bang on the present like he knew something was inside. He got a lot of new books and some fun toys from "Santa."
Around five we headed out to my parents in Pleasant View for Christmas take 3. Tafton was a pro by the time at opening presents. It was really fun to watch him open all of them.
I wish we had more time in the day to spend with each of our families at Christmas. It was great getting to spend time together but it was also, like I said earlier, hectic. We were running around all day and with a baby that can be tiresome. I'd like to next year instead have Christmas Eve at my parents house, Christmas at our house, and day after Christmas at Ben's parents house. I think spacing it out would help a lot with the stress of the day and it would also carry on Christmas for three days! I don't know how everyone else feels about that though. Thoughts anyone?
What is Faith?
3 years ago








1 comments:
I am glad that you wrote a blog. I was about to send you a message telling you too. :) That sucks that Ben had to work on Christmas Eve and Christmas. No fun. Christmas is definitely hectic when you have to drive everywhere. I guess we are just used to it.
Post a Comment